1300 Dominion Ave, Port Coquitlam
604 942 7518
Art Knapps prides itself in offering the very best in quality plant material plus an extensive selection of pottery, decorative garden and home decor, an exciting new fashion department that includes Vero Moda clothing, scarves, shoes and jewelry, a full service florist, funland in the fall plus an exclusive seasonal Christmas store. We truly are a Tri-City destination shopping experience.
1. Canadian eh? Let's lessen our reliance on imported food from huge corporate owned farms and grow our own food in Canadian soil. Enjoy total control over your foods safety and not have to worry about harmful chemical sprays. No huge carbon footprints on a carrot when you've pulled it from the earth in your backyard!
2. Hey kids! Here's a nature lesson for you. Many of today's youth have never picked a pea right off the vine. Sadly, they have only seen vegetables in the produce section of large grocery stores. We can, and should, change this! Encouraging children to participate with the planting, upkeep and harvesting of food teaches lessons in science, biology ,economics and nutrition.
3. Keeping the birds and the bees happy. Planting an assortment of vegetables, berries and flowers provides food for not only us but also for our local bee population. And we don't need to tell you how important it is to do all we can to nurture these necessary pollinators. Our native bird population also benefits with more plant diversity for both shelter, nesting and as a food source.
4. Stress be gone. Ask most gardeners and they will tell you that gardening is a great form of stress reduction therapy. It's free and you don't have to get in your car to enjoy it! The benefit is both physical and mental. It also helps keep you in touch with the earth and nature and keeps you off the grid for at least a few hours at a time.
5. Flavour, flavour, flavour. It's common knowledge that food plucked from the vine is infinitely superior to anything you will find in a grocery store that has been factory packed, shipped in semi-trailers and shelved in warehouses. There is nothing to compare with popping a fresh cherry tomatoe in your mouth as you work in your garden. We have a customer, a young man named Jeremy, who keeps a salt and pepper shaker in his garden for just such moments!
• Wedding Consultations - Art Knapps offers a full service floral department. If you have a wedding coming up, please stop in to talk with any of our designers or call to arrange a consultation.
• Deliveries - Large truck delivery is available to Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra for $45.00. Distant delivery is also available for an additional fee.
• Used Pot Recycling - You can return your used (one gallon and up) nursery pots here and we will gladly reuse them.
• Bulk Materials - At our Poco location you will find bulk materials such as Soil Conditioner, Mushroom Manure, Sand and Top Soil. You may purchase these items by the U-Fill bag or by the yard.
• Trailer Rental - You may rent a trailer to carry bulk soils to your home for $9.99 same day rental or $14.99 for overnight.
• Professional Landscape Consultations - Jason Martin of Pacific Paradise can provide free estimates, Design Consultations and Installations if you need some extra help bringing your outdoor vision to life. Call 778-887-8707.
• Lawn Maintenance - We are pleased to recommend Tri-City Aeration for Moss control, Liming, Aerating and Fertilizing. Call 604 720-7770