1300 Dominion Ave, Port Coquitlam
604 942 7518
Art Knapps prides itself in offering the very best in quality plant material plus an extensive selection of pottery, decorative garden and home decor, an exciting new fashion department that includes Vero Moda clothing, scarves, shoes and jewelry, a full service florist, funland in the fall plus an exclusive seasonal Christmas store. We truly are a Tri-City destination shopping experience.
1. Limit time indoors to a maximum of 10 days. Any longer and the warm indoor temperatures lead the plant to think that it's springtime and it will begin to grow and the new growth will freeze when it's moved back outside to winter conditions.
2. Spray the foliage with an anti-wilt product to prevent needle drop. This is an organic wax that limits moisture loss and is safe to use on most living and cut greens (excluding potted spruce trees).
3. If possible, choose the coolest location indoors. Fireplaces, for example, can throw a lot of dry heat so it's best to avoid placing living trees too near to a heat source.
4. Use of mini-lights is safe as they do not give off much heat and make the trees look quite festive. Strands of older-style large light bulbs should not be used as they heat up and can dry out the needles.
5. Use a large plastic tray to hold water underneath the rootball. If your tree's rootball is wrapped in burlap, then this is really important to keep your flooring clean and dry. If you have hardwood floors, we recommend putting a barrier of cork or felt between the tray and the floor to prevent condensation from ruining your floor. If your tree is very heavy when you move it indoors, it will probably need watering only once during it's 10 days inside.
• Wedding Consultations - Art Knapps offers a full service floral department. If you have a wedding coming up, please stop in to talk with any of our designers or call to arrange a consultation.
• Deliveries - Large truck delivery is available to Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra for $45.00. Distant delivery is also available for an additional fee.
• Used Pot Recycling - You can return your used (one gallon and up) nursery pots here and we will gladly reuse them.
• Bulk Materials - At our Poco location you will find bulk materials such as Soil Conditioner, Mushroom Manure, Sand and Top Soil. You may purchase these items by the U-Fill bag or by the yard.
• Trailer Rental - You may rent a trailer to carry bulk soils to your home for $9.99 same day rental or $14.99 for overnight.
• Professional Landscape Consultations - Jason Martin of Pacific Paradise can provide free estimates, Design Consultations and Installations if you need some extra help bringing your outdoor vision to life. Call 778-887-8707.
• Lawn Maintenance - We are pleased to recommend Tri-City Aeration for Moss control, Liming, Aerating and Fertilizing. Call 604 720-7770